Saturday, June 29, 2013

Entry no. 2

I made some black bean chili this morning and I realize that the good thing about this is that it has fiber.  The bad thing about this chili is that it is high in carbs.  I also ate a hot dog, which I should not have eaten.  My breakfast was too light.  It was a 90 Calorie yogurt.  I wish that I had eaten it as a snack instead of breakfast.  It is too late to worry about it.  As far as a food journal, I use myfitnesspal.  It has been of great help to me. 

I eat on average 1800-2000 calories per day.  I am trying to eat less than 2000 calories per day as 2000 calories per day is too much for me.  That is why my weight loss has been slow.  It has been too slow in fact.  At least that has been my problem.  I do need to exercise more, but my diet is the real culprit.  Maybe I should lower it to less than 1800 calories per day.   However, eating at least 1800 calories per day has been a struggle at times.  I have overeaten in the past and now I realize that calories are a budget and I should treat it as such.

So far, myfitnesspal has been of great help to me.  I have done a better job of applying the calories as a budget principle.  However, I am still not eating as healthy as I would like.  I have a ways to go before I can say that I am eating a healthy diet.  I have my weaknesses, like eating a lot of carbs and sweets and not enough of fruits, vegetables, and other fiber rich foods.  I also have a tendency to eat foods that are high in sodium, which is not a good thing for me or for anyone's health for that matter. 

Today is a day of learning valuable lessons.  I ate frozen strawberries, yogurt, and wheat bread, which are good.  However, the chili as I mentioned earlier is high in carbs, even with the lean beef.    However, what was highest in carbs AND in sodium was the oatmeal.  It was only a cup of oatmeal with raisins, honey, and cinnamon.  Maybe I shouldn't have added the honey.  That is about 60 calories right there.

There are several things I wish I had done differently, but every day is a lesson for me.  The only thing I can do is to do better the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment