Friday, June 28, 2013

Introduction

I have been blogging about my weight struggles in the not too distant past.  I am now writing about my struggles with food.  I hope to do well because of this.  I would like to lose 70 more pounds.  I have PCOS and because of PCOS, it is easier to gain weight and harder to lose weight.  At least that has been my experience with PCOS.  PCOS is a serious condition in which there is an increased chance for a woman to develop diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.  It is also likely that a woman with PCOS develops facial hair, male pattern baldness, and has irregular periods.  Many women who have PCOS are overweight or obese, yet there are some who are not.  It can be daunting going through having all of these changes and then having to deal with diet and exercise and medication.  It all seems so endless. 

Now about the food, let me see.  I don't eat the right kinds of foods at time and not enough of the right kinds of food.  I am however learning.  I have had help through a nutritionist on what I need to do.  I finally realize how easy it was to target what my diet weaknesses are and what my strengths are.  I was disappointed in myself today, but I realize that I could use the disappointment to motivate me.  Disappointment is a lesson for me today and so is guilt.

I eat on average 1800-2000 calories a day, which would equal to no more than a pound a week.  I wish I had the will to lose more because my weight loss has been slow.  I have lost 30 lbs thus far and I feel great.  It has taken a while for me to lose, but I hope to do a better job of dieting and also of exercising.  I admit that I have a long way to go.

Today, I ate 3-small bags of potato chips (1 serving each),  pretzels, and tuna pasta salad with ranch dressing.  I also ate baked chicken breast, cabbage, and rice.  That was my lunch.  The chips were snacks.  The soda I drank was diet.  I also drank a lot of water, but I realize that it doesn't negate the diet that I had today.  I know that I can make changes even if it is too late to do so today.    What I should have done was eaten just a one serving bag of baked or kettle potato chips, only a cup of tuna pasta salad without ranch dressing, and the lunch, on the other hand was something I did right.  The last thing I ate was the tuna pasta salad which was over 750 calories, which put me over the limit.  Oh, well, there is always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment