Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The problem with my diet...

Maybe that is the problem: I try too hard and beat myself up whenever I fail.  I fail and I fall fast.  I hate to fail but that is the same thing as planning to fail.  I have wondered to how to reconcile the information with the Weight Watchers plan.  I need to learn how to eat better than I do.  I feel so much better today than I have in a while since I don't eat as much as I once did.  The first step is to admit that I have a problem.  Well, I have already admitted that I have a problem which is that I binge eat.  I realize that I have to start off slow and then work my way up.  I have a lot to lose which means that the task can be overwhelming and seeming daunting, but I refuse to believe it is impossible.

Here are the recommended servings with my diet....
Grains - at least 6 per day
Fruits and vegetables - approximately a total of 5-8 servings per day
Dairy - 2-3 servings per day
Lean meats - 6 oz. per day
Fats and oils - 2-3 servings per day
Nuts, seeds, and legumes - 3-4 servings per week
Sweets and added sugars - less than once per day on average

This is interesting since I don't eat nearly the recommended servings for a healthy diet, but I am not sure if it is attainable or if most people consume this type of diet rigidly, but I am not alone in this.  But, I have to admit that even if my diet is supposedly healthier, I don't eat enough fruits and vegetables.  I eat too many processed foods, fats and oils, nuts, and sugars/added sugars.  In short, my diet is rather poor and I admit that I have no idea how to change my diet accept I could add more fruits to my diet one "minute" and the next measure out the foods that I consume.  That in itself sounds rather daunting.  Maybe I should just accept the things that I cannot change, like admitting that my problem is not a problem to take lightly.  I would like to change the fact that it is daunting but to me it would be like taking away from the gravity of the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment