Saturday, April 16, 2016

Food journal and reflection for 4/16/16

Meal: Breakfast
Time: 7:38 AM
What I ate or drink? 1 orange, 1/4 cup raisins, 1 small apple, 2 slices of wheat toast
Number of calories: 380
Carbs: 14+18+28+24 = 84
How much or number of ounces: 20 oz. coffee
Where eaten or drank:  Home
Reflection: I have consumed a good, hopefully healthy breakfast.

Meal: Lunch
Time: 12:30 PM
What I ate or drink? peanut butter and preserves sandwich on wheat bread, 3 slices of bacon, and 30 potato chips
Number of calories: 870
Carbs: 149
How much or number of ounces: 20 oz. coffee
Where eaten or drank:  Home
Reflection: Ice cream is a trigger food that is difficult to eat in small portions.  Next time I will use a measuring cup.

Meal: Snack 1
Time: 4:25 PM
What I ate or drink? 2.75 cups Neopolitan ice cream
Number of calories: 330
Carbs: 47
How many or number of ounces: 10 oz. coffee
Where eaten or drank: Home
Reflection: I tend to eat ice cream in large portions, so I have to either not consume any more ice cream or measure it in terms of how much to consume.

Meal:N/A
Time:8:35 PM
What I ate or drink? water
Number of calories: 0
Carbs: 0
How many or number of ounces: 32 oz. water
Where eaten or drank: Home
Reflection: I drank a large portion of water, but there are benefits to drinking water.  It flushes out fat for one thing.  I realize that it is also best to drink water during or after a meal.

Daily Totals:
Number of calories: 1480
Number of carbs: 250
How much or number of ounces: 72 oz. water+  32 oz. coffee
Where eaten or drank:  Home
Overall summary: I have eaten trigger foods (ice cream) in large portions.  I don't feel bad about it, but I knew better.  I take full responsibility for how and what I consume.  I do consume a lot of carbs, which probably isn't good for diabetes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment