Saturday, April 2, 2016

Summary for 4/2/16

Meal: Breakfast
Time: 8:56 AM
What I ate or drink? Boost Glucose Control Creamy Strawberry Shake
Number of calories: 250
How much or number of ounces: 8 oz.
Where eaten or drank:  Home
Feelings and thoughts: I have learned that breakfast, food or drink, is the most important meal of the day.
Right: Diabetic shake
Wrong: None

Meal: Snack 1
Time: 10:30 AM
What I ate or drink? Boost Glucose Control Creamy Strawberry Shake
Number of calories: 250
How much or number of ounces: 8 oz.
Where eaten or drank:  Home
Feelings and thoughts: This is a good shake for me, as a diabetic.
Right: Diabetic Shake
Wrong: None

Meal: Snack 2
Time: 1:00 PM
What I ate or drink? 6 Peanut butter crackers with water
Number of calories: 300
How much or number of ounces: 8 oz.
Where eaten or drank:  Home
Feelings and thoughts: I am trying to either lessen the amount of or cut out processed food altogether.
Right: Drank water
Wrong: Made with processed items

Meal: Lunch
Time: 1:30 PM
What I ate or drank: 1.5 cup Spaghetti with meat sauce, with 1 sliced homemade white bread, with water
Number of calories: 520
How much or number of ounces: 8 oz.
Where eaten or drank:  Home
Feelings and thoughts: I should have consumed just 1 cup of the Spaghetti with spaghetti sauce.
Right: Drank water
Wrong: Consumption of white bread and consuming too much spaghetti in one serving.

Meal: Dinner
Time: 6:30 PM
What I ate or drink?  1 cup Macaroni Salad with water
Number of calories: 300
How much or number of ounces: 16 oz.
Where eaten or drank:  Home
Feelings and thoughts: I should have eaten a larger portion of food at dinnertime than I did the snack.
Right: Measurements per servings
Wrong: Some fruit and a salad would have done some good.

Meal: Snack 3
Time:  9:00 PM
What I ate or drank: 1 cup Macaroni Salad with 1 cup pears and 1 glass of water
Number of calories: 450
How much or number of ounces : 8 oz.
Feeling and thoughts: I have realized that Snack 3 should have been more of a dinner.
Right: Healthy portions of food, including fruit
Wrong: Snacks should be less than 200-250 calories

Total calories: 2070
Total carbs: 325
Total amount of drinks consumed: 6

Summary for 4/2/16
This was a good way to formulate a plan.  I need to learn how to plan while not allowing myself to be overwhelmed.  Why didn't I think about that?  That way not only plan my eating habits.  I will also learn what to buy and learn what not to be.  That is another advantage that I will use to help me lose weight and to keep it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment