Saturday, May 24, 2014

The proverbial key to losing weight

I have learned the proverbial key to losing weight.  The proverbial key is to keep it simple.  Losing weight is a tough journey, but it is well worth it.  My health is something I have to deal with daily.  I feel like I am falling apart and I feel even less so now that I am following the Weight Watchers plan.  I don't just eat anything I want and expect to lose weight.  I have to eat what is healthy and remember that food and drink are medicine to my body.  I put out what I take in and I realize that now.  I cannot expect to eat fried foods and sweets and lose weight just as long as I eat them in moderation and also not eat enough fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.

Eating too many processed foods and not enough fruits and vegetables have been hard to overcome.  There are so many processed, fattening foods out there and it is hard going grocery shopping with keeping that in mind.  So, I have taken things slowly and I have consumed more fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and fewer white foods, sweetened higher calorie drinks, and have actually cooked alternatives to fried and overly sweet foods.  Instead of eating a box of ice cream I have learned to be less selfish.  It would take me no more than 2 days to eat an entire box.  Meanwhile, I haven't done that in a while.  Sure I miss eating as much as I want but I want the box to actually stay in the freezer a few days longer and also have the benefit of choosing to eat something else.  That is just a classic example only to realize that even though that could use some improvement I have learned to take better care of my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment