Saturday, June 14, 2014

"Country cookin'"

It finally felt good to consume foods that both my mother and I can eat.  Today it was called country cooking, lol.  I am from the South and there are foods that people down here are known for, such as tomatoes and rice, and of course, soul food.  I'm sure others eat foods like this in other parts of the country but there is just something about the South and food and its love and union with food.  It is hard to describe. I do have a tendency to eat too much fried foods which is what I did today.  Instead of fried chicken breasts, they should have been oven-fried or baked.  Also I have been guilty of drinking too many powdered drinks in one serving, which is not good healthwise, at least for me.  But when has drinking sweet powdered drinks been good for anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment